Friday, December 12, 2008

Perspective

PERSPECTIVE
- My kids are screaming and fighting and driving me bonkers!
-My house is unorganized and a mess!
-Our finances are 'tight'
-My sink is filled with dishes to be washed
-My basement is covered with toys!
-Sometimes I just wish my hubby would help our around the house (Can I get an amen here?!)
PERSPECTIVE
- The Lord has chosen to bless me with 3 beautiful, strong, and active children!
-I am so blessed and thankful for our home and to live in gorgeous, mountain filled Colorado!
-Since my sink is full, I'm thinking the Lord has blessed us with good food to eat!
-Since my basement is filled with toys, I'm thinking the Lord has given us more than enough!
-All my needs are met, there isn't anything I 'have' to have!
- I have a husband who loves me and our kids very much
- I have been blessed to be able to stay home with my kids- what an honor.
- So thankful for friends and family who love me
- Thankful for a God who passionately pursues me...daily.
PERSPECTIVE Photobucket

Is my glass half empty or half full? Do I get angry and fly off the handle every time something doesn't go how I think it should go? I heard a saying this week that has really stuck with me. It was from a man who had discovered that he had Stage 3 colon cancer. He said life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful! Wow. I am humbled.
Have any of you ever had those negative (poor me) conversations in your head? C'mon, you can admit it, I do. They sound something like this, "So and so's husband always helps get the kids ready, so and so's husband always cleans around the house, If I just had a maid like so and so, then my house would always be clean, why does my husband always have to travel and so and so's husband never does, life is so easy for so and so- why can't mine be like hers? And the negative conversations go on and on in our heads. Guess what we're getting our eyes focused on? US!!!! Guess what changes when we focus on our Savior and our many blessings? OUR PERSPECTIVE! I can either wallow in self pity (and don't get me wrong, we all go there from time to time- But let's not stay there!) or I can start to praise Him for what He's already done and for what He's going to do! Amen! You see, my God has PROMISED to meet all of my needs according to His riches in glory (Phil 4:19)

Psalm 34:8 NKJV
Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good;
Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

Ask the Lord to come and give you new Perspective today, to Praise Him for what he's already given you, Peace to know the He desires to meet all of your needs, and finally, Patience to handle each new challenge the day may bring!
Lord, I'm not where I want to be, but I'm thankful I'm not where I use to be! Amen!

8 comments:

Tirz said...

Wow! GREAT blog to help us remember to keep the right perspective! Excellent reminder! Thank you so much for writing this. It's a blog that I want to read on a regular basis to help me remember the right perspective!

Tirz said...

I hope you don't mind but I posted this blog as a link in my site because it was something I really wanted to share with my readers. If you mind, let me know and I'll take it down.

Certified Golf Course Superintendent said...

See you at The Rock Celeste!!!!!

Nice Blog.

Anonymous said...

You are amazing!!! Thanks for all the wonderful words :)

Cherise said...

Wow, my friend...outsider reads already, from those you don't even know. Way cool! You ARE inspiring to keep the right perspective! Like I said, call me when you're having lunch with Angela Thomas and Beverly Johnson!

Celeste said...

lol..you're funny. And why would I need to call you when you'll be there with me?!! ;}

Becky said...

OK, so I was "right here" just this morning...dishes piled high, laundry to be done, children who were fighting...so I completely identify! I sat down with the kids to pray and things got better, but man I needed to read this. This IS life. This IS the adventure. We need to relish it, imperfections and all!! Thanks for the writing this:)

rebecca74 said...

This is one of my favs. Sorry it has taken me so long to post my comments. It took me half an hour just to figure out my passcode. I always have trouble with blogger for some reason it forgets about me, but I'm glad you don't. ;P