Tuesday, December 09, 2008

It's Time To Clean!

I get so frustrated. I feel like every time I clean the house, within a couple of hours it's a natural disaster all over again! (anybody relate here?!) The Lord showed me something. Every time I clean up, I'm just putting stuff back on the shelves, back under the cabinets, back- where they can be pulled back out again! So the Lord asks me, "What about 'deep' cleaning?" When was the last time I have gone through the house and rid of some things? Or do I just keep everything? How is that working for me? It's the same way with our spiritual life. How many times has He asked us to get rid of something and we store it back on the shelf for later? What is it that we're holding onto? What 'in the world' is so valuable and important to us- that it slowly creeps back into our lives and unknowingly to us- has replaced our first love? It's time to clean house! As we're about tot start a new year, wouldn't it also be great tot start a new 'you'! Go ahead, clean out your closets this month. It might get a little messy at first. But when you're done- no, when God's done, your outsides will be sparkling because of how clean it is..on the inside!
Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. v23 Let us hold inswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised IS FAITHFUL!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job friend :) I think need some serious cleaning and to get to the path I want to be on!! Thanks!