Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dreams

I can't explain it, but God has impressed something on my heart and it's been stirring in me for a few months. That 2009 would be a year of dreams becoming a reality. I see people pulling their dreams out, almost like they were taking out an old book they haven't read in years, full of dust and cobwebs. See, those dreams were given to you for a reason. Some of us just thought we must have missed it somewhere along the way. And that dream was gone. Or for some of you, God had placed such a big dream in your heart, that you thought to yourself, "no way, this can't be God". "We must have made it all up in our heads!" There is nothing that satan would love more than for us to think that our dream isn't really from God. There have been several different friends share what God has laid on their hearts. Dreams. God's been preparing us for what He's about to do. Have I made some mistakes over the past..oh, say..15 years? You betcha! I have learned many lessons because of my mistakes. Don't let that hold you back. It's kind of like my Body Pump instructor says when we are doing crunches.. "Let it marinate.. Marinate.." That gives me a visual picture. I feel like I've been marinating. I feel like I'm exactly where God knew I would be. I was going through some old papers the other day and I came across a file. It was an old creative writing class I signed up for while living in Palm Springs. As I went through it I realized just how much I use to love to write. Did I take that class for nothing? Nope, it's all just part of the puzzle. Did I take Homiletics (preaching) at Bible college for nothing? Nope, it's all just part of the puzzle. What about all that yucky stuff from my past that the Lord has so graciously healed me from?Is that it?! No way. Piece of the puzzle.
You see God has made us all unique. We all have different personalities, gifts, and talents- for a reason. I feel like God is going to be getting us out of our comfort zone in 2009- and that we need to step out in faith. It's either fear or faith. You see, some fear is normal. What if I fail, what if people laugh at me, what if I bomb, what if I freeze up, what if no one needs what I have, what if..what if...what if... Okay, I've got one for you. What if I step out in faith, what if I do it afraid?
Read the story in Matthew 14:22-32. Peter and Jesus' disciples were on a boat going to find Jesus. They saw Jesus walking towards them on the water! They saw this and were terrified- "Oh no, it's a ghost" they thought. Jesus immediately told them to take courage. To not be afraid. So Peter said, "Okay Lord, if it is really you, tell me to come to you on the water." And the Lord told Peter to come (v.28-29). So Peter stepped out of the boat, walked on the water, and came towards Jesus (v.29). But when Peter saw the wind, he was afraid and began to sink. He cried out to the Lord to save him, and immediately Jesus reached out His hand and caught him and said, "You of little faith, why did you doubt?" Fear or faith?
It's time to step out of the boat in faith- not focusing on the storms around us, but keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus. And I'm not talking about vain dreams to build 'our kingdom'. Not, "What can I do to get more things and money and notoriety". I'm talking about the dreams that the Lord has placed deep within your heart- that some of you even forgot they were there! I'm talking about the dreams that add to Gods kingdom and give Him all the glory. The dreams that add another piece to the puzzle, to make us, the body of Christ, complete.
Will you take courage (Matt 14:27) with me in 2009 and step out of the boat? Begin to pray. Ask God what is your 'baby step' towards what He wants to accomplish through you. And remember, if we do begin to feel ourselves sinking, like Peter- Cry out to Jesus and He will be quick to reach out His hand.
Photobucket There is a song on my music player (at the bottom) that goes with this blog called 'Dreams' and although its not a Christian song, I have dedicated this song to Jesus!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so MUCH!!! Celeste the Holy Spirit has been speaking to me too...showing me the box that we often put Him in is usually the constraints of our own minds..whose walls are usually fear...and mostly fear of the unknown. I love that I'm not the only one He is challenging and drawing out towards destiny:) The Holy Spirit has been speaking His heart to me about the women of our generation...Mothers! We are no less world changers than the single twenty somethings that have more freedom...we have something to say and our generation needs to hear it...we can give ourselves in abandon to the Lord, uphold our husbands, raise a Godly heritage, and inspire woman and mothers that the journey doesn't end here! We are called to greatest in Him to use our passion for who He is to touch and encourage each other in greater depths and revelation!!! Love your heart Celeste...and am greatly encouraged!!!
with GREAT love,
~Ris

Cherise said...

Thank you Celeste! I love this. It is so true...we are on the verge of something very exciting...I feel it too...a Holy Spirit move, that will not only shake us, but shape us, if we allow it to. I am encouraged by your words! You go girl.

Tirz said...

Celeste, this is along the same lines with what our Pastor taught on this morning and has been teaching about the last few weeks. I loved this morning's sermon and came away greatly encouraged and now it is very encouraging to receive a confirmation through your blog a second time in 1 day. It is what I needed to hear! Thank you for another great blog! Lots of love to you.

Celeste said...

thank you all for your comments. I think it is so cool how God confirms things!! He is amazing- and I'm looking forward to seeing what He does in each of you!!

2009-It's Our Time
(That's the best rhyme I could come up with- I've been trying to think of one all month..)

angela said...

I too loved this entry...

2009 will be divine!

LOL That's all I got...

Love you,

Angie
www.moresugarthanspice.com

Rae said...

Oh how much I wish you were back in TX, so we could spend time hanging out. Your words are an inspiration to me! God fulfilled my dream of marriage in 2008, and has been unsealing long held dreams over the last six months. But, as you said, sometimes it is so hard to believe in those dreams as being attainable! Thank you for the encouragement to move past the fear and to keep taking baby steps. God is Good and you are a beautiful voice for Him!
Hugs,
Rachel

Becky said...

Hey Celeste:) Marissa suggested I come to read your blog after she read mine and I'm so glad that I did! I am so encouraged and EXCITED about what God is speaking to all of us!!! The picture He is painting is going to be one of awesome beauty! Thank you SO much for sharing this.