Monday, August 10, 2009

I Have Seen the Light!

I went into my garage the other day to get into our other fridge and realized the light had burnt out in the garage. It was pitch dark. I couldn't see anything. Well, except a small amount of light coming in through the corners of the door leading to the outside. Even though it was only a tiny bit of light,it was, nonetheless, light! I made my way to the fridge by focusing on the light. Without it, it would have been very easy to stumble on something.
The Bible says in 1 John 1:5 God is light and in John 12:46 Jesus says, "I am the light". Also we read in Psalms 27:1 The Lord is my light.
There are going to be times in this life when all seems dark around you, and your not quite sure how to navigate through the darkness. I encourage you to look toward the light. Keep your eyes on Him, and, as it says in Psalms 18:28 (NASB)- For You light my lamp; The LORD my God illumines my darkness.
Trust Him today to bring light in a dark place.

1 Peter 2:9 (New International Version)
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

No comments: