Monday, July 06, 2009

People Who Leave Footprints On Our Hearts

Photobucket Isn't it funny how the thought of a certain time period in our lives brings back memories of people. I think back to my time in Palm Springs and I'm quickly reminded of my old roommates. I often wonder what ever happened to them. I also think about the small group of people who led me to the Lord and discipled me. I often wonder if they realize the huge impact they made in my life because of the time they invested in me.
I'm sure if you went back to your High School years or your college days, there are people that just come to mind. Unfortunately, there are also people, who, instead of leaving footprints, have more like, trampled on your heart! And perhaps there are people that it just hurts to think about- either we hurt them or they hurt us. Those are the ones that we really don't want to dwell on too much.
I think sometimes, when we're in the moment, just living our day to day lives, we're not thinking about who's in our circle and how we will look back at these years. Or flip the coin. Who in our circle will look back in about ten years and you will come to their mind. You see, in our day to day living, we need to live on purpose.
Those coffee trips with a girlfriend, those girls nights, those women retreats where you spend half the weekend bawling with girlfriends. Those phone calls you've made even when the last thing you felt like doing was talking on the phone, the funny card you sent to lift someones spirits. All of these things will go into the scrapbook of our hearts as the years pass, and we say, "remember when?".
Even as I write this, I am sure there are people leaving footprints on your heart and likewise you are touching lives, making memories. Leaving your own prints on what is now the present and will someday be the past.
In this season of your life I encourage you to live on purpose- And yes, footprints will follow.

1 Thess. 5:11 Therefore comfort one another and edify one another , just as you also are doing

3 comments:

WonderousWomanRetreat said...

Dear Celeste,

Consider to join us for A Wonderous Woman Retreat
on August 13,14,and 15

The Wonderous Woman retreat program leads and encourages every woman to connect to all facets of her purpose and value. Our approach is to create experiential retreats in beautiful venues where you can connect to your mind, body and spirit.

It's easy to take care of everyone else in our lives, but we tend to forget about ourselves.

Marissa Star said...

My Aunt is in town visiting my cousin ... and I had similar moment when I took her by the hand and said, "Thank you for being apart of my "moment" ... the moment I first met Him (Jesus) ... you took me in, a total drug-addict ... you took a risk for Jesus and it changed my life!" You see if she didn't stop and tell me I had a voice and something worth saying ... I would be silent, because it is the people that believe in you the most that can influence you the most! YOU ARE RIGHT ... and I echo your heart ... let's start believing in people and in doing so pay forward some foots prints in the people's lives the Lord has called us to! Great Blog friend!
~Ris

Anonymous said...

I've got some footprints on my heart in your size.;)
love, ya,
R